Well here goes a second blog!!
Ever noticed how one day will be great and the next day a bummer! That seems to happen a lot. Feel on top of the world one day, and the next new day is not so on top of the world. I think of it in spiritual terms of mountain tops and then valleys. Well today is a valley! Not a deep one but not on the top like yesterday.
I heard a sermon once that said in effect, without the valleys , there would be no moutaintops. At least we wouldn't recognize the top. So we should think of the valleys as the next step before reaching the top!
Well, I don't like the valleys!!! I want to always be at the top of the mountain, almost to Heaven, except I'm still breathing. Somedays you can feel so close to Heaven that is is scary. It is like you are knocking on the gate. You can feel Jesus like he is right beside you. You feel the Holy Spirit so fill you that it is almost too much. Your faith is at the pinnacle, and you know that anything is possible, because Jesus said so. What a jubulant feeling to actually feel that power of God . You are just waiting for the next miracle to happen....so sure it is coming.
But at the end of the day...your hope is just a little less, but never mind...you have the night. It will happen ...God works in his own time.
But at daybreak on the next new day....the miracle is still only a hope...not a fact. So guess what, you feel so let down, and now your hope is much, much less, and your faith is dwindling away.
Alas, what happened to that beautiful mountaintop. You look up and you realize you are deep in a valley....
How long will you trek around in this valley...it is hot and the air is stifling and you yearn for the cool mountain breeze somewhere up there.
So I yearn on this new day. I want to be standing at the gates of Heaven every day, not just sometimes.
Then I think I know something...valleys are there to make us depend on our faith! Even though we think we have lost it, faith is something that we must depend on most, when we don't feel like it. What is it they say, Pray when you don't feel like it. Pray when you think that the words are bouncing off the ceiling! Cause you know something, God is always with you whether on the mountaintop or the deepest valley! We can't go anywhere where He isn't.
So I will not be so lost down in this valley, cause I know that the mountaintop is somewhere ahead, and He will lead me there!!
Delori
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment